Gas Safety Shut Off Valves
S8000 Maximum Safety Pneumatic Safety Shut-off Valves
MAXON S8000 Valves are pneumatically actuated valves with a powerful closing spring and a large, top-mounted 360-degree open-shut visual position indicator. The S8000 can be ordered with a wide range of internal trim options to handle general purpose or corrosive gases and comes in a compact, space-saving design. The S8000 provides simple installation and low maintenance for trouble-free, long-term uninterruped operation.
- Cast iron, carbon steel, low temperature carbon steel and stainless steel body assemblies in sizes from 3/4" to 8"
- Hazardous Location approved: Intrinsically Safe and Non-Incendive constructions available
- Factory Mutual, CSA, CE, IECex, INMETRO and KTL (KC mark) approved safety shut-off and vent valves
- Full assessment to IEC 61508 as SIL 3 capable
- Oxygen compatibility, NACE compliance, and fire safe conformance to API 6FA
- Ambient temperature range of -58F (-50C) to 140F (60C)
- Gas temperature range of -58F (-50C) to 212F (100C)
More powerful with Partial Stroke Test Technology
The S8000 Valve can be coupled with MAXON's PSCheck Partial Stroke Testing technology to ensure maximum uptime without sacrificing safety. The PSCheck technology, when combined with the Series 8000 safety shut-off valve, provides the highest level of safety security that can be SIL 3 certified. The PSCheck was designed to minimize probability of failure on demand by automatically testing valve function without process flow interruption or line shutdown. Click here for more information on MAXON's Partial Stroke Testing solution with S8000 Valves.
The S8000 Valve is now available with the following enhancements:
- 8" size 8000 safety shut-off valve
- 3/4" size 8000 safety shut-off valve
- External redundant solenoids
- External redundant solenoids with manual reset
- Non-destructive engineering tests
Click here to read more information on the S8000 Valve enhancements